Reasons I Shouldn’t Read on the Bus
Reasons I shouldn’t read on the bus:
- Heavy bag. Must find shorter novel to read.
- Smashed bananas. If there’s a way to gently place a book in the same bag as your lunch without ending up with banana goo squished everywhere, I haven’t found it.
- Missed bus stops. I get all wrapped up in how Peta’s attacking Katniss and suddenly I’m a mile past my apartment and have to walk home.
- My bag is so heavy and now I need to carry it a mile home because I missed my bust stop.
- Strange looks from strangers. I’m sorry I’m sobbing uncontrollably, but did John Green really need to kill off Augustus?!
- People realize I still read like a teenager. Hunger Games? Yes, please. Fault in Our Stars? Sure! Divergent? Great! Grapes of Wrath? No way.
- The klutzy stumble off the bus. It only gets klutzier when one essential hand is occupied with book-holding.
- Heavy bag. Have I mentioned how heavy my bag gets?